TaTEDO is a sustainable energy services organization based in Dar es salaam, Tanzania with Zonal Centre in Moshi Municipality, implementing activities in several regions, districts and villages in Tanzania. The organization has more than twenty five years’ experience actively involved in sustainable energy development projects and programmes in rural areas. It is also hosting national and regional networks and is affiliated to several local and international sustainable energy development partners and networks. In this regard, TaTEDO executes its work based on the experience and knowledge drawn from its staff, networks and partners at local, national and international levels.
A country where all have access to sustainable energy services, while conserving the environment, creating wealth and combating climate change
To Facilitate and empower stakeholders in order to unlock barriers to increased access to sustainable energy services, by enhancing energy technologies, business and policy capacities in partnership with communities, entrepreneurs, and other stakeholders for environmental conservation, wealth creation and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Improve quality of life of Tanzanians by contributing to availability of improved and sustainable energy services, employment and income generating opportunities, which are essential for poverty reduction,
- Reduce environmental degradation resulting from increased use of wood and fossil fuels,
- Assist the country to reduce dependence on imported energy.
The overall objective of TaTEDO is to facilitate majority of the population, particularly women in rural areas to access sustainable energy technologies and services that contribute to poverty reduction, sustainable development and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
- Promote the use of sustainable energy for productive uses (industrial, and agriculture), consumptive uses (households) and institutional uses (education, health, water and communities etc.).
- Implement sustainable energy programmes and projects at the local levels.
- Provide energy related consultancy services.
- Develop networking and partnership with local and international organizations,
- Manage and disseminate energy awareness information to stakeholders.
- Conduct lobbying and advocacy to influence energy related policies, legislations and strategies
- Support sustainable energy enterprises.
- Conduct energy related applied researches.